WELCOME TO PENTECOSTAL PILGRIM
CHURCH OF GOD
At Pentecostal Pilgrim Church Of God, we know that inspiration opens hearts. An open heart is an open mind and an open mind is one that can practice tolerance, experience gratitude and feel the glory of God. It is our belief that God is present in all of us, but His active presence can only be felt through faith in Him. We are dedicated to the service of God and all his people, and our goal is to inspire you through the holiness of our dwelling and our services. We invite you to become a part of our growing congregation.
The Pentecostal Pilgrim Church of God is a Spirit-filled, Bible-believing church that is founded upon the gospel of Jesus Christ. Our mission is to win the lost, broken and needy for Christ through evangelism, educational programs and outreach services.
"...(Jesus said), Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men."
Just One Step Away from All the Latest News About...
Pentecostal Pilgrim Church Of God
LOCAL CHURCH CONTINUE THE PILGRIMAGE
Reverend Michael Omealy, along with his wife, Evangelist Monica Omealy, faithfully serves the members of Pilgrim Pentecostal Church Of God. After 52 years, some have gone home to be with the Lord. Some have moved on. Some remain. But This Pilgrimage continues. It has been faith that brought us this far, and faith will lead us home.
WE'RE TAKING THE CITY...ONE SOUL AT A TIME!
"What do i hear the Holy Spirit telling our Church today? The same thing Jesus said to his disciples. We need to be constantly reminded that Christ has given us the example of true love through his life and on the cross. It is here where His love explodes outward and draws women and men from all walks of life. We must remember that we too are called to embody a love that is Christ-like. Through our love, people will see that an event that occurred 2,000 years ago has life changing consequences today, and they will encounter the cross in a very new way."
10 WAYS TO GET CLOSER TO THE LORD
1. Worship: We honor God in worship with our lives—time, treasure/giving and talent. We also honor the Lord through singing, praising, giving thanks and the vehicle of music. Our lives should always be edifying to God, but singing and making hymns or being creative unto the Lord Almighty blesses Him and enters us into His mighty presence and power.
You are holy; you sit as king receiving the praises of Israel. (Psalm 22:3)
Exalt the LORD our God and worship at his holy mountain, for the LORD our God is holy. (Psalm 99:9)
2. Pray: Seek God’s face, and sit alone with Him to really focus on Him and hear His voice. Remove distractions such as cell phones (unless you’re reading a Bible app, of course), and remove yourself from anything that may sidetrack you. Sit somewhere quiet where you can just be.
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” (Psalm 46:10)
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. (Matthew 6:6)
3. Kneel down and give thanks: Either say out loud what you are thankful for or write down the many blessings you want to thank God for.
Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the LORD, our Maker! (Psalm 95:6)
4. Listen to a worship music playlist:
5. Memorize scripture: Focus and meditate on God’s Holy Word, which is truth and life. The Bible says that the Word of God is like living water that refreshes our souls. When we focus on the truth and rehearse it, we are like a spring that is gushing with life, truth and water to share with others. Like the Word says, out of your bellies will flow rivers of living water, which basically means we will be feeding others the bread of life (Christ), and the living water, which is the Word of God.
When Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.” (John 6:35)
6. Worship Him genuinely: God is looking for those who seek Him out WHOLE-heartedly in spirit and in truth.
Jesus said to her, “…But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.” (John 4:21-24)
7. Be still and listen: Sometimes we need to hear diving instruction and orders from our commander in chief and Lord. When we obey, we are blessed and we please the King.
But Samuel replied: “Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams.” (1 Samuel 15:22)
8. Humble yourself: We need to heed to the Lord and surrender. We need to listen to Him and go through with His plan.
The eyes of the arrogant will be humbled and human pride brought low; the LORD alone will be exalted in that day. (Isaiah 2:11)
9. Draw near to God: Ask God for forgiveness of anything hindering your faith walk and resist the enemy. Repentance isn’t just saying sorry, but it is a lifestyle change and is turning AWAY from poor choices and sin that hinder us from being closest to God’s presence.
Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. (James 4:8)
In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence. (Hebrews 5:7)
10. Ask for a heart of worship: Let us revere, honor and respect our Lord (Isaiah 6).
“I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20)
Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. (1 John 2:15)
GET TO KNOW US
Committed to Spiritual Enlightenment
Located in beautiful Rochester, New York, Pentecostal Pilgrim Church Of God offers congregants a place of comfort, hope, and a peace of mind for all their worshipping needs. We are dedicated to spreading the teachings of Jesus Christ, and our goal is to inspire you through the holiness of our dwelling and our services. We invite you to become a part of our growing congregation, and look forward to meeting you!
Sunday School: 10:30am - 11:30pm
Bible Study: Wednesday 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Church Service: 11:30am - 2:00pm